Procedure for Car Renewal in Dubai
Car registration renewal in Dubai is a mandatory process that must be completed every year to ensure that vehicles remain legally registered and insured. In this article, we will discuss the procedure for car renewal in Dubai, including the necessary documents, fees, and timelines.
Required Documents for Car Renewal in Dubai
To renew a car registration in Dubai, vehicle owners must present the following documents:
- Emirates ID
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Vehicle Registration Card (Mulkiya)
- Passing Vehicle Inspection Report
- Proof of Payment of Fines (if applicable)
The cost of car renewal in Dubai varies depending on the vehicle’s make, model, and age. The fees can range from AED 350 to AED 3,000 or more. In addition to the renewal fee, vehicle owners must also pay for vehicle inspection and testing.
Timelines for Car Renewal
Vehicle owners in Dubai must renew their car registration every year, with a grace period of 30 days after the expiry date. Failure to renew the registration within the grace period may result in fines and impounding of the vehicle.
Car Renewal Process
The car renewal process in Dubai involves the following steps:
- Get a Vehicle Inspection: Vehicle owners must get their vehicle inspected at an authorized testing center in Dubai. The inspection includes a check of the vehicle’s mechanical and safety systems.
- Pay Fines (if applicable): If there are any fines on the vehicle, they must be paid before proceeding with the renewal process.
- Obtain Insurance: Vehicle owners must obtain or renew their vehicle insurance before proceeding with the renewal process.
- Submit Documents: Vehicle owners must submit all the required documents to the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) or a licensed vehicle testing center.
- Pay Fees: The renewal fee and testing fees must be paid at the RTA or vehicle testing center.
- Receive Renewal Certificate: Once the renewal process is complete, the vehicle owner will receive a new registration certificate (Mulkiya) and a vehicle inspection certificate.
In conclusion, car renewal in Dubai is a simple but essential process that vehicle owners must complete every year. By following the required procedure, vehicle owners can ensure that their vehicles remain legally registered and insured, avoiding fines and impounding of their vehicles.