Looking for simple tips on how to remove your car stereo? Then look no further! Whether it’s a double din or a single din, you can do it in just 5 easy steps. If you want to know more, you should read this article.
For car owners who need to remove their factory stereo for replacement or repair, there are a few steps to follow. The standard DIN size is 2 inches by 7 inches and is commonly found in cars, SUVs, and trucks. Larger cars and luxury cars have a stereo twice the size of standard cars; This is called double DIN. If you don’t know how to remove your double DIN, you can hire a car audio technician to do the job for you.
Before you begin, these are the things you will need:
2. Trim Panel Removal Tool
3. Pliers or wrench
Here are the instructions:
1. To access the battery terminals, raise the hood of your car. Using an adjustable wrench, loosen the bolt that secures the cable to the negative terminal. Remove the battery cable and place it in a safe place. Get in your car.
2. Remove the dash panels. You can do this by following the instructions found in your car manual.
3. Remove the screws and bolt at the corners of the double DIN head unit with the Phillips screwdriver or a socket and screwdriver. There are some cars that need specialized removal tools. For those car brands like Mazda, Audi and Ford, use the tools in the grooves on the face of the unit. Pull the unit out of the base well enough to reach the antenna cable and wiring connected to the back of the stereo unit.
4. Remove the cables that are connected to the outlets on the back of the unit. Cables may have release mechanisms that must be activated before unplugging the cables. Consult the repair manual for specific instructions before pulling the cable connectors from the outputs on the rear panel of the unit.
5. Disconnect the antenna cable from the outlet in the lower left corner of the stereo’s rear panel. Set the panel aside in a safe place.
Here are the 5 easy steps on how to remove a car stereo or double din. If you are not sure how to do it, you can hire someone or ask your friend for help. Good luck!