1. ON TIME, EVERY TIME CONVENIENCE: Make sure you can choose the time that suits you best. Find out early on if the plumber you can hire is known for being quick. It is very unprofessional to be late. There is nothing worse than waiting all day for the plumber to arrive, especially if you took time off from work.
two. PRICE: There are several factors that will come into play when it comes to price. When your plumber determines what the problem is, be sure to ask if the charges are hourly or if there is a standard rate for each job. Also remember to ask the price of the parts as well as the labor. Also be sure to ask if the plumber charges overtime and what his rate is if he charges that. It may be to your advantage to find a plumber who has upfront prices, that is, a plumber who charges by the job, rather than by the hour. It’s actually better to charge this way to make it easier for the customer to stay within their budget.
3. Can the part be repaired or replaced ?: If you have a leak or any other minor problem, ask if the situation can be resolved with a repair or if a part can be replaced.
4. HERGUARANTEED TISFACTION: Choose a plumber who makes sure that the work done will be guaranteed. Find out about their Customer Service and ask about the type of Guarantee they offer.
5. SAME DAY SERVICE: This is a great selling point. Usually when you need a plumber, it may very well be some kind of emergency. Whatever happens, we don’t want to have to wait days. Try to find a plumber who is available when you need him. Usually that means someone who is available 24/7.
6. EXPLANATION: Make sure your plumber explains your plumbing problem in everyday terms that you can understand.
7. When HIRE A PLUMBER: Make sure it meets the manufacturer’s specifications.
8. DETAILED INVOICE: Ask if you can get one upon completion.
9. 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL REPAIRS: Be picky when it comes to warranties. Go to a plumber who has at least a 2-year warranty on all of his repairs.
10. EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS: Go with a plumber who has years of experience, a license, and someone who is clean and will clean up when done. It is extremely important that you ask a plumber if he or she is licensed. Once a plumber is licensed, they will have math, plumbing, and drawing skills with the ability to read blueprints and knowledge of local plumbing codes. All of the above will help you receive quality service.
11. INSURANCE: Ask your potential plumber if you are insured. Ask for a copy of your insurance policy.
12. CALL TO VERIFY: Confirm that the plumber’s license is current.
13. PERMISSIONS: In case you need a permit for the plumber to do certain work, be sure to ask the plumber to obtain the necessary permits.
14. CLEANING: Hire the type of plumber that you state in your contract who will take responsibility for all cleaning. to compare prices, but it is important to note that the lowest price is not always the best way to go. An experienced and qualified plumber may charge a higher hourly rate, but you will always know the most cost-effective way to solve your problem on the first try! And that could save you a lot of money.
15. AFFORDABLE PAYMENTS: Go to a plumber who offers financing just in case. You will at least know if you are having trouble paying the full amount of available financing.
sixteen. REQUEST REFERENCES: Get as many as you can from family, friends, and co-workers.
Do you know a good plumber? Do your homework, especially online to find a reputable plumber in the area where you live. Start Googling and educate yourself on the topic of the importance of hiring a good plumber. Once you find a potential, be sure to ask if your job is guaranteed.